Paint together!
Last night the small group of friends I've been playing games with got together for the second time to practice some painting techniques.
I get a real kick out of helping people learn - I don't, by any measure, think I'm anywhere near s good as some painters out there (the likes of platoon are stocked full of amazing painters) but I acknowledge I have skills to pass on.
Last time we focused on my favourite, weathering and vehicles, and this time more of a free for all that included flesh tones, armour chipping, plasma and heat effects and finishing.
Some people might think I'm stoking my ego by getting people together to blow sunshine up my arse - couldn't be further from the truth. I do bring along a selection of models which includes my golden demon finalists, but like it was for me I hope people find them inspiring.
I still remember meeting mike McVey at the platoon get together and picking up the green knight - THE green knight, that I had gazed at in white dwarf, wanted to be able to paint that tiny dark green filligree, and want that for other people.
I hope everyone enjoyed the night and got sometime thing out of it - I got some more work on my ravenwing bikes done and there was alot of Necromunda being worked on, orks, a penitent engine and a tank!
I get a real kick out of helping people learn - I don't, by any measure, think I'm anywhere near s good as some painters out there (the likes of platoon are stocked full of amazing painters) but I acknowledge I have skills to pass on.
Last time we focused on my favourite, weathering and vehicles, and this time more of a free for all that included flesh tones, armour chipping, plasma and heat effects and finishing.
Some people might think I'm stoking my ego by getting people together to blow sunshine up my arse - couldn't be further from the truth. I do bring along a selection of models which includes my golden demon finalists, but like it was for me I hope people find them inspiring.
I still remember meeting mike McVey at the platoon get together and picking up the green knight - THE green knight, that I had gazed at in white dwarf, wanted to be able to paint that tiny dark green filligree, and want that for other people.
I hope everyone enjoyed the night and got sometime thing out of it - I got some more work on my ravenwing bikes done and there was alot of Necromunda being worked on, orks, a penitent engine and a tank!

Comments
Post a Comment