Fire Masters
Four years between posts isnt a terrible average is it?
In that time we've had a world wide pandemic, 2 presidents, 4 prime ministers, a new government, ok its been a while.
SO - recently I've been finishing off a Titan Legion, and returned to our gaming club - seem to have gotten some other people interested in the game, which is excellent.
I chose the Legio Sutorvora, or Legio Infernus / Firemasters, a traitor legion known for their use of prometueum based weaponry.
| The Eternal Flame. No Bangles involved |
So my first titans...had no flame weapons. I built the Warlord, reaver and two warhounds with no flamers at all - but did paint alot of flames.
![]() | ||
| Warlord "Immolatum Rex" with Apocalypse Launchers |
Alot of people have complained about the time it takes to paint all the trim and it is fiddley. I built the whole model and left off the weapons and armour plates. Base coated Warplock Bronze, then drybrushed with successive lighter metallic steel colours up to a very fine silver in the end. I washed joints with agrax earthshade and some gloss, to show leaking oils and such- then fitted the external plates.
![]() |
| Reaver "Agrippa" |
Based coloured in originally FW Abaddon Black, with a slightly blue grey tinge to it - when I ran out I switched to Corvus Black Base which is pretty much identical. After a light nuln oil recess wash into the edges, I started adding flames.
Starting with Khorne red and a 2-0 brush, I painted a random swirly, tattoo line art style flame design across the armour plates reaching upwards. I filled the flames with the same red, consistent across each model.
I layered Evil Sunz Scarlet onto these, filling from the top of the flame tip down to about 2/3. Same again with trollslayer organge, blending it with the red to graduate it up the flame getting brighter, then the same with Yriel yellow.
Once I was happy the blending and layering was generally smooth enough, I gave the base of the flame a light glaze of Bloodletter.
![]() |
| Warhounds "Incendia" and "Ignis Lupus" |
I also added some weapon effects as you can see. For the Plasma Blastgun, I used a wind effect from the Empire Wizards kit. For the flame blast, a heavilly sanded and carved censor smoke emission from the plague furnace kit. I also added some flaming braziers from a variety of places like mordheim scenery, flagellant kits and other stuff.
![]() |
| Warmaster Titan "Pyros Tyran" |
I expanded the Titans as I went with another Reaver and Acastus Knight banners, courtesy of a very well made secret santa! I bought another couple of Warhounds (this time with Inferno Guns!) and the big daddy - The Warmaster.
![]() |
| The gangs all here |
We've been enjoying some one off pitched battles, but picked up the campaign compendium recently so we should be moving onto some bigger games as others catch up with their own collections with bigger titans. I hope the game remains supported, I've bought up the books and cards as much as I can and aim to pick up more of the forge world add on weapons now. As Legions Imperialis folded Titans into its own game, Titanicus still seems popular - and does work as a standalone game (in my opinion) much better.










Comments
Post a Comment