Heh





Just thought you might like to see that. I have two gracing my miniature cabinet!



This cluttered mass of paint, glue, cut up models and dried green stuff is my "workspace." I thought I'd share it with everyone. I need some background noise when I'm painting, so I often have the computer on playing music, (right,) or the telly (left.) Does anyone else, or is this just me? I've heard of people needing complete silence, but I am more distracted by the lack of noise, wierdly.

Above, you can see my daylight lamp. Generously donated by my dear old mum, this lamp has become indispensible in my painting - It also has a magnifying lense, as mum used it for lacemaking, which can be useful.

My winning certificates from the weekend there! Going to frame those I think.Got a Forge World Vraks poster there obviously, and some other crap. This is basically my "corner" where I'm allowed to hang posters, pictures or whatever - rest of the house is a diplomatic no fly zone with the missus.

Hanging off the desk i have a travel hair dryer, useful for quick drying especially with quicker army builds.

I have my paints arranged quite neatly at the moment, seperated into washes, foundations and base acrylics. (Obviously at the moment I only use citadel, but this will change soon)Normally they migrate across the desk depending on where I'm currently working.

I have a mixing tray liberated from the bitz box you can see against the back wall. On top of this is resting my wacom intuous 3 graphic tablet. I keep it up here out of the way of potential splashes and rough work -useful for designing and notes on new models I'm working on.

Things I keep out for regular use:
PVA glue
Citadel Water Effect
Liquitex matte medium
Basing sand, flock.
Superglue
Brush cleaner

Everything else is kept in the 6 drawer cabinet under the desk. Home to dust, back issues of white dwarf to around 1995, and model cases.


What does your workspace look like? do you have one? What would you like? I'd be interested to see.

Comments

  1. I need either complete silence or headphones with constant music. Not very focused when people are talking within earshot, though strangely the painting sessions round peoples houses haven't been bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find silence distracting. Maybe its just being overinterested in my surroundings or something, or needing to be relaxed to paint, I dont know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warhounds - seeing the light at the end of the tunnell. (Its a train)

Fire Masters

Thunderbirds are go