Couple of updates
More things I'm currently working on or finished, before I go do some work.
Games Day model 2009: Aspiring champion.

Like many, I used this model as an oppertunity to follow the wonderful NMM guide in a recent White Dwarf. Probably one of the most useful articles (including the face shading one) I've seen in there in ages. I changed certain parts of the makeup, because I didnt want an identical miniature (not that I could paint it that well anyway,) and..well, it wouldn't be mine would it? It'd be a lesser imitation of Keith's. I went for a white inner cloak, washed with purples and reds, and a blue helmet. Going for a Tzeentch theme. I also decided on a lighter wood for the axe handles, giving me oppertunity to practice wood graining.
Not really sure how its going right now, I'm pleased with it but sure I can improve on what I've already done. My wet blending could certainly improve. Overall, I'm using it to test out new methods for me, more high skill, more time consuming methods that require practice.
Games Day model 2009: Aspiring champion.
Like many, I used this model as an oppertunity to follow the wonderful NMM guide in a recent White Dwarf. Probably one of the most useful articles (including the face shading one) I've seen in there in ages. I changed certain parts of the makeup, because I didnt want an identical miniature (not that I could paint it that well anyway,) and..well, it wouldn't be mine would it? It'd be a lesser imitation of Keith's. I went for a white inner cloak, washed with purples and reds, and a blue helmet. Going for a Tzeentch theme. I also decided on a lighter wood for the axe handles, giving me oppertunity to practice wood graining.
Not really sure how its going right now, I'm pleased with it but sure I can improve on what I've already done. My wet blending could certainly improve. Overall, I'm using it to test out new methods for me, more high skill, more time consuming methods that require practice.
Comments
Post a Comment