pre heresy takes its toll
That can only mean that Age of the Emperor - Siege of Terra (fall of Caliban,) is round the corner.
Like Ross at mywargame, I have been feverishly trying to get my battlegroup ready in time for the tournament. Being pre heresy, this is even more frantic than usual tournament army building. Every unit has at least some minor conversion work, and none adhere to standard paint schemes.
My Dark angels were initially going to be a soley lutherite force, the tempus fugitives dark angels pack actually splits the players between the Lion and Luther based on age during the actual game.
So I have made my own luther who will (heresy!) serve as the Lion when I am inevitabley the younger player.
So far complete:
Sabre tank hunter.
- A vindicator originally finished for my original Dark Angels 40k army, I added a barrell tipped with an insulin needle cap as a laser destroyer for the pre-heresy tank. A repaint for the majority of panels in black, and the addition of a red 30k era 1st legion emblem finished it off.
Fellblade
I built this when the baneblade was first released. All I needed to do was repaint the turret commander black.
Tactical combat squadStill half to do, but 5 were finished ages ago. Mostly in robes with winged helms, knightly orders bits and similar.
Luther
Virtually finished, just needs detailing.
MKII Rhino
The venerable old rhino kit, with some additions.
In progress:
Luthers honour guard
5 Sanguinary guard converted with dark angels iconography, all blood angels symbols removed or converted.
For example, winged blood drop greaves have the drop removed, and the small sword from the ravenwing icons added in place. This looks almost seemless and works well. A bretonnian man at arms standard was added to a glaive with a pin, with a dark angels icon added to the top.
Each model has a maximini steam knight helmet with the top removed, for that knightly feel. I have painted one, pictures to follow.
Rest of a tactical squad
10 sternguard w/kohl. I have modelled all 10 including kohl, and painted him and a flamer. This squad is all cream robes and could take some time.
5 bikes. Repaints really, some changes in armour type.
Sammael repaint. Im being lazy there.
Damocles black armour repaint
razorback black armour repaint
dread repaint
Its going to be a long couple of weeks...
Comments
Post a Comment