Not enough hours in the day
I've been extremley, hideously busy. Work is suddenly relevant and I actually have things to do, so modelling suffers a little when I get home. I've got a craptonne, (I love this phrase,) of models to paint/build, alter or whatever, and even a little comission work in the pipe.
Skaven
Skaven
- Hellpit abomination is nearly complete. I've pretty much finished the main bulk of the body, using a whole box of Milliput in the process. Hopefully, it looks like a giant, fat worm with rat ogre/skaven parts stiched on. I've added all the spare stormvermin heads I had with smoothed over putty so they (hopefully) look as if they are emerging from the body. I've started adding greenstuff fur as it holds the detail better than MP, and constructed a jaw from a Starship troopers arachnid jaw and added teeth made of various sword tips/daggers, spear heads and odds. Works suprisingly well. The "not being able to sculpt a fist" problem was solved by the screaming bell kits rat ogre, which nobley provided its limb to the abomination. It now clutches chains and a plague censor in this hamfist.
- No more work on Queek as yet, been trying to paint basic models. Added a pile of skulls to the base to give him even more height and make it easier to fit him into a rank and file unit.
- Finished 20 clanrats in Mors livery (red/black/cream for the mostpart) At the death i never wanted to paint a rat again.
- Bought a screaming bell/plague furance kit. With a flash of inspiration, decided to alter and magnetise the kit so I could choose between either loadout. This is not as easy as say, a Rhino chassis for warhammer 40,000, where you can just stick bits on externally. This is ok with the plague priest/vat from the front, but the bell and censor are integral to the upper chassis and alot of alteration was required. However, with perseverance, I got there. Thanks to Jim for the magnets. Bell will be painted as part of Ross' tale of heroes event for Tamworth Games Club in January. Got a Doomwheel for christmas I think. I say I think, but I was there when Beth bought it in Burton so.. "I have a Doomwheel, waiting for me to assemble"
- Been working on a secret single model for the clubs secret santa. Shhhh.
- Trying to get as much rank and file boring stuff out of the way and clear the decks a bit before I take on my first ever comission work. We shall see how that goes.
I will be posting pictures at some point, I hope to put together a stage by stage clanrat article for MyWargame at some point, coinciding with Neil's Skaven articles.
Comments
Post a Comment